Friday morning our dear friends, Bridget and Brian Eaves arrived at our house. They drove all night from Charlotte and had to be here for Bridget's grandfather's funeral. It was a sad reason for the visit, but we are so glad they got to come and spend a little bit of time with us!
Friday night, Whitney Olsen and I went to the local coffee shop, Two Doors Down, to meet up with Courtney Prater and the girls for Karaoke night. It was such a treat to hear Courtney sing; I knew she could, but I hadn't heard her before! Whitney and I sang "Strawberry Wine," and yes I know what it's about; I still love that song! :) It was a blast and we all decided we need to do it more often!
(I am so thankful for my WONDERFUL husband who stayed home with the baby so I could go out! I love him so much!)
Saturday we went out to Mamaw Martin's farm. It was a hot, beautiful day; perfect for taking pictures in the bluebonnets! My mom told me that bluebonnets were my Granny's favorite flower; now I think of her every time I see them.
We had a great time visiting with Justin's parents (Grandmom and Granddad) and grandmother (Mamaw Martin). We sat around, talked, ate fruit salad, and took pictures of the baby in the bluebonnets outside! Justin worked really hard before we left to paint the little wagon he had as a baby so Bel could use it for the pictures. He did a great job! :)
We had a great weekend with friends and family!
Love all the blue bonnets but love the baby much much more! Great pictures! Great blog!
ReplyDeleteLove, MOM
thanks, Mom! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures! Justin has such a great eye. Also, Arabel's smile and laugh face are precious! I can't wait to see and hear it in person.
ReplyDelete